Saturday, February 05, 2011

Random thoughts on life


Well here I am sitting in the study looking out at a back yard that's pretty well under water. I'm trying to finish a report that I promised I would send off today, then have to finish off another article to send off to Japan, and prepare for a meeting in Sydney on Wednesday. The weather is bloody awful - I have mum's birthday present and want to get it to her, but I don't want to go out in this weather. maybe tomorrow that will be a possibility.

Along with Karen and Stuart, we've bought her a Kindle. I love mine :)

And at the same time I have to start packing for Italy. We leave next Thursday at midnight, and arrive in Rome late afternoon on the Friday. One week in Rome and then 3 weeks travelling north. I can't wait. I am excited to be seeing Rome again, with more time there than I have ever had, and then a leisurely tour through the fabulous cities of the north - Firenze, Venezia, Vicenza, Verona, Milan, and the towns of the Cinque Terra. This will be Michael's first trip to Italy, and he is also looking forward to it, although I suspect we might both be asleep before the plane takes off.

Daisy came in from outside yesterday absolutely filthy. She needed a nail cut so we took her to have a bath and pedicure today. She looks (and smells) gorgeous. Damn. I'm going to miss the little terror so much.

Back to work.

No comments: